News Flash! God Speaks To Us Through His Word
In our daily lives we should look to God, and this through the Bible and constant prayer – dialogue with Him – in every aspect of our life, putting faith in Him.
Also, in action, look for His answers in ways He speaks to us; His part of the dialogues.
These include: being in His Word, through others, and through discerned events and signs in our life.
Looking to God for all our life details does not mean we exclude our brothers and sisters’ for the help and prayers for us. The more who join us in prayer for our lives, the more grace God has given to those who are asked to help and pray with and for us. This gives much more glory to God than praying to God ourselves only. The potential glory will increase the potential power of our corporate prayers, according to His will, for God’s glory.
So to in the Christian walk we must include quiet time – Spend time reading His word, the Bible, and journal what speaks to us. then pray back to Him.
Morning, Noon, or Evening guideline:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 (ESV Strong’s)
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
- Scripture tells us to rejoice, have pure joy, always, even in suffering James 1:2
- Pray all the time? Yes it means include God in all of your daily life. Take time also to stop and pray. Jesus prayed often.
- Give thanks in all circumstances including suffering. This is a challenge but it is important. It is God’s will as He wants the best for you through being sanctified Romans 5:3-5, and purified, refined like gold 1 Peter 1:6-7.
- Don’t ignore the Holy Spirit’s convictions or suppress what the Holy Spirit is doing in your life, or life of others. Don’t keep silent the Holy Spirit’s work to ourselves. Boast in the Spirit; boast in the Lord’s Spirit 1 Corinthians 1:31.
Proverbs 16:9 (ESV Strong’s)
9 The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps.
, then The Lord will determine our steps, continue to guide us according to His sovereign will.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- Then from Proverbs 16:9, we plan our course in our hearts.
- Our hearts reveal what we truly want even ignoring consequences. The heart is the closes revelation of what we really want. What comes out of the mouth is in the heart Matthew 15:18-20.
- Sometimes we attempt not to plan things in emotional states. Sometimes we regret these. It can be confusing at best.
- God allows our planning, even what we really want, from the heart. Then we have our free will, true free will. God protects that that free will doesn’t harm us.
- He does truly guide our steps to freedom; ultimately freedom of eternal life if we accept Jesus as Lord and savior, Son of God, and we repent and surrender.
- Otherwise His wrath remains upon us John 3:16-18, John 3:36
Romans 1:15-17 (ESV Strong’s)
15 So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
(The Righteous Shall Live by Faith)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
From Romans 1:15-17
May we hear and share the gospel always; may we never give any of this up even unto our very last breath.
Finally, praise Him for His presence in our lives, among our brothers and sisters, and in our churches through the Holy Spirit and His Son, Christ Jesus; sharing all this to the ends of the earth. Amen